Supporting Other Writers – My Blogging Inspiration #MFRWAuthor

For the #MFRWAuthor 52-Week Blog hop, this week, week 41 is my blogging inspiration.

When I first started my blog in April of last year, I wanted a website that not only displayed my own books but also put forward the books and the authors that I’ve loved over the years.  Because every book I’ve ever read, whether I’ve hated it or more often loved it, influenced me and my writing.  The best way I could pay them back was to pay respect to them on my blog.
That developed naturally into author and book promotions.  The reason why I have so many guest authors and promo spots on my blog is that every book deserves a chance and the more people who can view it on social media and share it with their friends, the better success a writer can have with their release.
Book promotions have put me in contact with books that I may not have read and fallen in love with.  There are ARC’s that I’ve absolutely loved when I read them and the least I can do is promote a book that I’ve personally read and loved.
Also, hosting a promotion is a great way to get to know writers.  We all have different experiences, but advice is the most precious commodity in our business, and the best way to get to know other authors is to support them and their writing.  I appreciate when anyone hosts me and displays one of my books on their blog and shares it with their social media followers.  I will follow them on social media and support them as much as possible and they do the same for me.
So thanks, to all of you writers out there.  I really appreciate everything you do.
Thank you for stopping by!

Contact Valerie

Comments

1. Alina K. Field - October 13, 2017 @ 7:27 am

I love promoting other authors also. It’s a great community.

• Valerie Ullmer - October 13, 2017 @ 8:37 am

It is. Thanks for stopping by, Alina!

2. Meka James - October 13, 2017 @ 8:12 am

Book promotion is something I’ve not done on my blog. I post the occasional review, but until recently that’d been it. This year I did my first author spotlight for someone. She’d had it planned but then people backed out on her, so when she put out a call I offered up my space. Next week I’ll be taking part in my very first blog tour. Kind of exciting.

I’d not been super active in social media until this year, but now I’m getting into it. Making connections, and supporting other authors has been great. I’ve met some wonderful people along the way.

• Valerie Ullmer - October 13, 2017 @ 8:38 am

I’m glad, Meka. It’s great to support another author and have them support you as well.

3. Helen Henderson - October 13, 2017 @ 9:03 am

I envy those who can host other authors or showcase their books on a regular basis. I did it for a little while but had way too many people back out or just fail to respond. Thanks for supporting your fellow authors.

4. Sherry Lewis - October 13, 2017 @ 9:39 am

I’ve been toying with the idea of having guest authors on my blog for a long time now, but I’m always intimidated by the work it would take to coordinate it. I’m pretty sure I’d mess it up somehow 🙂 I applaud you for supporting other authors so consistently!

• Valerie Ullmer - October 13, 2017 @ 9:50 am

It’s pretty easy, but I’ve joined a critique group and signed up with several promotional companies for the blogs. Thanks for stopping by, Sherry!

5. Ed Hoornaert - October 13, 2017 @ 10:17 pm

Speaking as another writer, I think this is an excellent inspiration!

6. Robin Michaela - October 14, 2017 @ 5:34 am

Lol, for the record, I’d love to do a guest post or send you my book for review. I’ve also thought of hosting on my blog, but I don’t have that many followers yet, so I’m waiting until I do. It’s a nice “service” to offer your readers, so they can be introduced to authors they aren’t aware of.